Sunday, November 25, 2012

Small Kindnesses

Fiona Robyn, author of Small Kindnesses, is hosting a blogsplash on Tuesday.  Everyone will be blogging about their own small kindnesses.  Since this is a subject near and dear to my heart, I decided I should participate.  Duh, right? ;)

I've been needing to get back to writing anyway, so this is going to get me going!

More information is available here: http://www.writingourwayhome.com/2012/11/what-small-kindness-do-you-remember.html

I'm also going to start doing some daily writing prompts.  VJ suggested this site - http://www.thingstobehappyabout.com/.  I think some of the "suggestions" are bizarre, but here's one I like:

elephants sliding down a slope for their morning bath

That thought really does make me smile.

The young boy sat on a rock, enjoying the coolness of the early morning, his mind unfettered by the worries of his parents.  He felt, even before he heard, the elephants approaching the small lake as they did every day at this time.  He watched, smiling as always, as the elephants slid down the hillside and splashed into the water, trumpeting and spraying water everywhere.  His eyes wandered over them, naming them off, noting how Darzi, the young male calf, had seemingly grown larger overnight.  Suddenly the smile froze on his face.  Arthola!  Where was Arthola?  The elder statesman of the herd, Arthola was the boy's favorite.  Where was he?

No comments:

Post a Comment