Saturday, July 23, 2011

Countdown to Vacation

I took the last five days off of my writing project and just sort of made notes and added my thoughts about the project (even though I kept up with the 750 words/day goal).  Also, today I went and purchased a binder and some paper so that I can start making visual references.  I've found them to be useful in the past, plus I am leaving on Thursday or Friday for our family reunion, so I won't be able to type much, but I don't want to lose my momentum on the story.

It turns out that either the break or the binder did the trick, and I typed more than I have in about 2 weeks.  More importantly, I typed better.  I went back to re-read what I wrote, and my screen saver kicked in, and I was like "wait!  I need to read what happens!"  Ummm... LOL!  It's very rough, but I'm pretty happy with it.  I'll share this part (which has to change, because I introduced a plot hole, but that's ok!)

Oh no! I'd forgotten where I was going! I grabbed my pack and took off running for class. I was finally becoming familiar with how the school was laid out. First a left, then a right, and then boom! I went flying backwards and landed on my rear again. This was not a habit I wanted to continue. I looked up into Stephen's smirking face. He reached both hands down, picked me up and pressed me against a wall, then stepped in uncomfortably close.

"I don't know who you are, carrot top, but you think you're safe because you have Art and Rick drooling around you, but you're not. I'll be here, watching and waiting. When you least expect it, I'll appear. You'll never know when or how, but one day, very soon, our worlds will again collide, and there's nothing that halfling can do, nothing my goodie two-shoes cousin can do."

He stepped back and motioned for me to go.

"Have a nice day."

I ran again.

No comments:

Post a Comment