Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dr. Hurley Goes to the Smithsonian

That's supposed to sound something like "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" but somehow it just doesn't have the same ring.  Oh well, I tried!

Today I was over at Dr. Hurley's Snake Oil Cure.  It's a site I enjoy for a variety of reasons.  One of the most recent reasons is the aptly titled Sometimes.  While I was there today, I happened to notice they had announced a new project called Smithsonian Dialogues, which asks people to go to the Smithsonian's Flickr stream, select a photo and then write, draw, paint, or some other artistic thing about it. Of course I got lost in their 2,200 image library.  I think I'm going to select a random number, then go to the corresponding image, and write from there.  Anyone else game?

No comments:

Post a Comment